Hey everyone. Long time no post. Completely my bad. You see, after our five day vacay in Michigan, I took the next three days getting back into my old routines and appointments. I also spent some time acclimating myself to our new van, laptop, and weekly water therapy sessions. (More on that stuff in future posts, I promise). But now, before I forget, I present to you Five Days in Michigan through the eyes of ALS Boy.
- Congratulations to Amaan and Missy on your spectacular weddings. It was great to see you two again. Sasha, you look incredible and I draw inspiration from your upbeat spirit and exuberant attitude. Thank you, Shahida, for being an affable hostess. And finally, Chuck, the garden looks great.
- Have you ever seen an airplane aisle wheelchair? After being strapped, belted, and shackled to one on at least three occasions, the only things missing from completing my transformation into Hannibal Lecter were a bottle of chianti, some fava beans, and one of those no-bite masks.
- Why did three women, a baby, and a man in a dying wheelchair cross a busy, eight-lane thoroughfare? To get to Little Daddy’s restaurant, of course. Opa!
- If I never eat at the Unique Deli again it will be much too soon. At least I found out that my mother-in-law is quite the generous tipper.
- I dare you to find a foreign car driving around the greater Detroit area. I couldn’t.
- As Emma sat on my lap in the airplane on our return flight, Fehmeen handed her the non-verbal, laminated flight safety pamphlet. Noticing that the manual was upside down, Emma flipped the card over so as to better read/see the pictures. I was blown away by her attention to detail. She starts War and Peace next week.